Gluten provides yeast bread's structure, and helps it rise and stay risen.
Benefits of Vital Wheat Gluten
- Gluten absorbs nearly twice its weight in water and retains a portion of it in the final product, thus increasing the yield
- The retained moisture delays staling, leading to longer shelf life
- Adds to loaf volume of breads by trapping gases in dough
- Gives the dough elasticity and strength
- Improves nutritional value (75% protein)
- Improves the crust color
- Enhances the taste
Add 2 tsps to each cup of bread flour, or 1 tbsp to each cup of whole wheat flour in your bread recipe.
For pizza dough, use 1-2% by weight, and it will provide a durable pizza dough that will withstand stretching.
Milled By Manildra - Gem of the West
Repacked into food-grade plastic bags from larger industrial sized bags.